DETROIT (WXYZ/CNN) – A Michigan family is distraught after police said an 8-year-old boy died from possible alcohol poisoning.
Emergency workers were called to the home in Detroit around 2 a.m. Thursday, when the child was reportedly in cardiac arrest.
He was rushed to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
His grandmother told medical workers that he may have ingested a drink containing alcohol.
Neighbors were stunned.
“Where are the parents? Who’s watching the babies? That was my first question. Who is watching the children and what were you doing,” neighbor Valarie Steppes-Glisson said.
An autopsy was conducted, but results of toxicology tests are not in at this time.
Copyright 2017 WXYZ via CNN. All rights reserved.