MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (AP) – Officials have identified a couple who died in a weekend fire at their mobile home in South Carolina.
The Berkeley County Coroner’s Office told local media that the victims were 69-year-old Willie James Samuel and his wife, 79-year-old Jerrie Samuel of Moncks Corner.
Coroner Bill Salisbury said the couple died at an area hospital after the blaze Sunday afternoon. Their deaths have been ruled accidental.
Firefighters found the couple in their bedroom after the fire was extinguished.
Firefighters found two propane heaters in the home and the oven door was open. Moncks Corner Rural Fire Chief Scott Lee said the propane tank heater caused the fire.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.